Tuesday, June 16, 2009

sodium imbalance..

in the ward, dr izzuan always test my knowledge.....

friday...
hey..u hutang I, so what is the answer for my last question???
Gulp..what???what question..
why Tazocin cant give together with unasyn????
with very confident...what point to give both which is from the same group together... Tazocin is the broad spectrum and can cover what unasyn covered, so, to give both together, very irrational use of antibiotic...

the problem, Dr Ong say that unasyn given because to cover acino, now the problem, we never get the prove that Tazocin also can cover acino... so how to fight?????

and today, good lesson for me......

because he always test me..so today i come out with one question....

me: dr, how you correct this sodium imbalance,huh???
dr: u want test me or what???? that not a trick rite??
me: no la..i just want to know how u all correct this condition actually...

he show me the formula....

infusate Na-serum na / total body water + 1

- 1L of 3% NaCl will elevate Na conc by .............

still blur....

he give me Sarawak emergencies book, i read it....little bit understand....
it quite difficult to understand if you never practice it..hurmmm